This Level 3 Award builds on the Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health and covers a wider range of mental health conditions. It goes into detail on the range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
This course is suitable for all persons within a workplace but is aimed at those who hold a supervisory/managerial/teaching/carer level position and who have the responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within their organisation.
The course is fully interactive and will highlight to the candidate what indicators within the varied conditions to look out for. How to establish a repour, build trust and understanding of the unique conditions being suffered. What warning signs would warrant further intervention and sign posting to the professional agencies and what the various organisations and agencies can offer.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail
The range of Mental Health conditions covered includes:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
Course duration: 2 days